The following arrangements apply where students, staff and parents are in good health and are able to participate in online learning and teaching. In general, our home-based learning model will be flexible, acknowledging that students may need to access materials and complete class work at different times to their peers depending on their circumstances.
Students are able to complete set work at anytime that suits their individual circumstances except in the case of Teams or Collaborate "live" sessions at which attendance is compulsory.
Expectations of Students:
- Attend all Teams or Collaborate sessions scheduled by your teachers. These will be scheduled during your timetabled lesson times so as not to clash with other classes
- There is no requirement for a daily check in with Care teachers or class teachers this week however, it is essential that all work is completed as it will not be revisited when face to face learning resumes.
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning for each subject.
- Participate in “live" learning opportunities. You will be provided with 24 hours' notice to complete set work or participate in such an event.
- Attempt work made available according to the timelines set by your teachers.
- Email your teachers if you have any questions or issues.
Expectations of Parents:
- Assist students in scheduling appropriate time for learning. Parents might considering using the regular class schedule for this.
- Ensure that students have access to the online learning platforms and their school email.
- Communicate with school staff as necessary, allowing staff members up to 48 hours Monday to Friday to respond.
- Raise questions/issues/concerns as required.
Expectations of Teachers:
- Schedule at least one Teams or Collaborate session - one at the beginning of the week and, if necessary one other. NB these must be scheduled during timetabled lesson time to alleviate clashes with other classes.
- Provide 24 hours' notice Teams/Collaborate sessions.
- At the beginning of the week, email three lessons of learning for each subject. This information is to include the location of relevant resources, times and dates for Teams/Collaborate sessions, work to be completed, due dates and submission information.
- Email three lessons of learning for each subject.
- Communicate school work using the email template to students and parents, understanding that students may require 24 hours' notice to participate in “live" learning opportunities should they be scheduled, or to complete set work.
- Should “live" learning opportunities be chosen as a strategy, provide resources so that students who are not able to virtually attend are catered for.
- Provide regular check-in opportunities for students and be available during regularly scheduled lessons where possible. Reinforce continued access to online learning with positive feedback.
- Provide feedback on submitted work within 48 hours Monday to Friday.
Key Contact Personnel:
Approximate time allocation (per day):
Students need to devote enough time to try their best on the curriculum activities provided - for each of their subjects. This should be approximately 4 hours per day, but will vary depending on the student's subjects and ability.
Problems with your password?
If your student has problems with their password, please contact the school on (07) 3480 4777 and we can reset it for them.
They will then need to navigate to https://fed.education.qld.gov.au/passwordchange/ and change their password to something secure and unique for them.
Password requirements are:
New passwords cannot have been used during the previous 13 password changes.
The length of the password must be at least eight characters.
The password cannot contain all or part of the user's account name.
The password must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
English uppercase characters (A through Z)
English lowercase characters (a through z)
Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
They should then be able to access https://elearn.eq.edu.au without further issue.
Online Learning Resource Information
Every student has access to school created eLearn courses for each of their subjects. This is a secure site and students will require their MIS username and password for access. We have been working with them to check their passwords.
Students may also need to access their Education Queensland email:
Department of Education learning@home curriculum resources:
Coronavirus factsheet developed by the Department of Education: Click here
What to tell your kids about Coronavirus, on the SBS: Click here
How to cope with COVID-19 anxiety: Click here
Headspace - https://headspace.org.au/young-people/how-to-cope-with-stress-related-to-covid-19/
Microsoft Office 2016
Click here for Microsoft Windows installation instructions.
Click here for Apple Mac installation instructions.