Spark their future
Spark their future is a resource for
parents of teenagers who are struggling to stay engaged in school or
SRS fees 2022
2022 SRS Scheme Years 7-12.pdf
The Queensland Government supports students' education by providing funding for:
- Instruction, e.g. teachers
- Facilities, e.g. buildings, amenities, furniture
- Administration, e.g. staffing and resources to administer the operations of the school.
Funding does not extend to individual student resources such as textbooks, computer or musical equipment for personal use, and many items used/consumed by the student in the classroom. Supply of these items is the responsibility of parents.
To provide parents with a cost effective alternative to purchasing textbooks and/or resources individually, Clontarf Beach State High School operates a Student Resource Scheme (SRS).
The scheme ensures that students have the resources required for them to engage with the curriculum and saves parents time and money in sourcing these materials elsewhere. Savings are gained through the school's bulk purchasing practices and hiring arrangements. The scheme is not used to raise funds for other purposes, and revenue collected through the scheme is applied only to it's resources and operation.
The scheme's operation, resource inclusions and participation fees were approved by the school's P&C Association at the meeting held on 12/05/2021
Type of Resources provided
Generally, the three types of resources are:
- Owned – these items are retained by the student and used as required (e.g. stationery, exercise books, diary).
- Used – these items are used/consumed in class by the student (e.g. industry technology/cooking/art supplies). Work/items produced from these resources will remain the property of the student.
- Hired – these items are hired to the student for their personal use for a specific period of time (e.g. textbooks, musical instruments, laptops). Hired items must be returned to the school in good condition at the end of the hire period or if the student leaves the school. A repair or replacement cost may be charged to the parent for any hired items that are damaged or not returned.
All parents / guardians must complete the below form, this covers the duration of the period of schooling.
A copy of this form is also available from the school office.
Any amendment to participation in the SRS scheme must be made in writing using this form.
School refund policy